Radio CommunicationsAdvanced communications in motion
2022 – 2023
REDUNDANT COMMUNICATIONS DRILLS SCHEDULE
The Redundant Communications Drills are conducted to test the ability of healthcare coalition members (including hospitals, EMS, public health, emergency management, and other healthcare providers) to communicate with other facilities in the event of phone and email failure. All members of the Hospital Preparedness Program are required to participate in one drill in 2022 and one drill in 2023 during Program Year 21.
Friday, October 28, 2022 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Friday, November 18, 2022 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Friday, February 24, 2023 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Friday, April 28, 2023 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Friday, May 26, 2023 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
*Reminder: Communications Drills vary in type month to month. Please refer to the monthly email reminder for details.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN MONTHLY COMMUNICATIONS DRILLS
CHECK IN METHODS
DFW Wide/DFW Connct
Amateur (HAM) Radio
RADIO CHECK IN TIMES
DFW WIDE/DFW CONNCT & AMATEUR RADIO (HAM)
GROUP A 10:30-11:00
GROUP B 10:30-11:00
GROUP C 11:00-11:30
GROUP D 11:30-12:00
Regional Communications Drills are conducted to test the ability of hospitals to communicate with their local jurisdiction and with each other in the event of phone and email failure. All hospitals that participate in the Hospital Preparedness Program are required to participate in at least one communications drill per quarter. Redundant Communications Drills are generally held on the last Friday of a specified month. Testing of redundant communications can be achieved through the following methods during the drill time frame (10:00 AM to 12:00 PM).
- Jurisdictional Commercial Radio – If you have a commercial radio to test as part of the monthly communications drill, please make prior arrangements with your local jurisdiction to arrange the test. Your jurisdictional representative will need to send an email to email@example.com confirming the date and method that the contract was made (with you copied into the email).
- Amateur Radio – Amateur radio testing will be conducted via a directed radio net through NCTTRAC. Please see the table below. We will be conducting a Roll Call by the county at the beginning of each group’s time slot and using Tactical Call Signs for facility identification.
- DFW-Wide – If you have a DFW-Wide system you may contact either us or your local jurisdiction. If you contact your local jurisdiction then the rules for credit are the same as for the Jurisdictional Commercial Radio. DFW-Wide will check-in using the assigned time slots listed in the table below by County.
- DFW-Connct – If you have the DFW-Connct Overlay, you may check in with us on the NCTRG-1 Talkgroup, or you can check in with your local jurisdiction and have them email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Satellite Phones– For those testing satellite phones, please contact NCTTRAC EMCC at 817-607-7020 during the drill (10:00 AM to 12:00 PM).
- MSAT – For those that have an MSAT system, please contact NCTTRAC EMCC on the NCTTRAC1 talk group. Please do not use the MSAT to dial 817-607-7020 for drilling purposes.
- EMResource & WebEOC – Regional drill instructions vary from month to month for Crisis Applications. Please refer to the NCTTRAC EMCC email that is dispatched two weeks prior and the day of the drill.