The Cardiac Committee is responsible for the development of an acute cardiac care system for TSA-E. This includes the development of guidelines for rapid transport to appropriate facilities of patients suffering ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction (STEMI), and other acute cardiac conditions.
REQUEST A MEETING OR UPDATE
DID YOU ATTEND A MEETING?
- Establish standing agenda items and corresponding responsibilities to address, and document in the committee SOP, the following topics:
- Professional Development
- Injury / Illness Prevention and Public Education
- Systems Performance Improvement
- Provide guidance in the development and review of hospital and pre-hospital assessment tools, regional plans and treatment guidelines, and the Committee SOP
- Provide interface with other RAC committees, professional associations appropriate to the service line, and the Governor’s EMS and Trauma Advisory Council (GETAC)
Heart Safe Community Program:
The Heart Safe Community program is designed to recognize the efforts a community makes to its citizens in protecting them from the effects of heart disease and sudden death by evaluating different aspects of the system as a whole.
Recognition requires a multi-disciplinary team approach to review and complete the components of the Heart Safe Community program. Communities that successfully complete the application process are eligible to display the NCTTRAC Heart Safe Community street signs throughout their communities. Become recognized as a Heart Safe Community and have an impact on a new program in Texas that will lead to saving lives.
For questions or to submit a Heart Safe Community program application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.