Due: Friday November 29th, 2019 Redundant Communications Drill Redundant Communications Drills are conducted to test the ability of hospitals to communicate with their local jurisdiction and with each other in the event of
Due: Friday November 29th, 2019
Redundant Communications Drill
Redundant Communications Drills are conducted to test the ability of hospitals to communicate with their local jurisdiction and with each other in the event of phone and email failure. Agencies and hospitals who are members of the Hospital Preparedness Program are required to participate in at least one Redundant Communications Drill per quarter. This is the second Communications Drill of Q1 of HPP Program Year 18. Testing of redundant communications will occur Friday November 29th, from 10:00a.m. to 12:00p.m.
There are two methods to participate in the Communication Drill: via radio/satellite communications or via crisis applications. Please note that facilities and agencies only need to participate using one method to receive credit for the drill. See details below.
You can check-in via the radio or satellite communication methods described below.
- Jurisdictional Commercial Radio – If you have a commercial radio to test as part of the monthly communications drill, please make prior arrangements with your local jurisdiction to arrange the test. Your jurisdictional representative will need to send an email email@example.com confirming the date and method that contact was made (with you copied into the email).
- Amateur Radio – Amateur radio testing will be conducted via a directed radio net through NCTTRAC. Please see the table below. We will be conducting a Roll Call by county at the beginning of each group’s time slot and using Tactical Call Signs for facility identification (see attached) to aid with facility recognition.
|Amateur Radio Group & DFW-Wide Time Slots by County|
|A||1000 – 1030||Cooke, Wise and Denton||145.490|
|B||1030 – 1100||Grayson, Fannin, Collin and Hunt||145.350|
|C||1100 – 1130||Rockwall, Dallas, Kaufman, Ellis, Navarro, Tarrant and Johnson||442.400|
|D||1130 – 1200||Palo Pinto, Parker, Erath, Hood and Somervell||147.040|
|We will be conducting a Roll Call by county at the beginning of each group’s time slot using Tactical Call Signs for facility identification.|
- DFW Wide – If you have a DFW-Wide system you may contact either us (using the D-DFW Wide Talkgroup) or your local jurisdiction. If you contact your local jurisdiction then the rules for credit are the same as for the Jurisdictional Commercial Radio. DFW-Wide will check in using the assigned time slots listed in the table below by County.
- DFW CONNCT – If you have the DFW CONNCT Overlay, you may check in with us on the NCTRG-1 Talkgroup, or you can check in with your local jurisdiction and have them email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Satellite Phones – For those testing satellite phones, contact NCTTRAC EMCC at 817-607-7020 during the drill (10:00a.m. to 12:00p.m.).
- MSAT – For those that have MSAT systems please contact NCTTRAC EMCC on the NCTTRAC talk group. Please do not use the MSAT to dial 817-607-7020 for drilling purposes.
You can check-in via crisis applications by following the steps below. Please note that the method of crisis applications participation will vary month to month. See the information on the NCTTRAC Website for more details regarding crisis applications participation in future months.
- Log-in to the NCTTRAC WebEOC server (https://webeoc.ncttrac.org/eoc7/controlpanel.aspx) under the incident “Redunant Communications Drill – November 29th, 2019”. Create a post in the Local Medical Events board stating “Checking In”.
If this message was forwarded to you and you feel you should be receiving a copy of this message please send a request to email@example.com to be added to the appropriate distribution list.
If you have questions or concerns about frequencies or how this drill will be conducted, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the drill.
Emergency Medical Coordination Center
North Central Texas Trauma Regional Advisory Council (NCTTRAC)
600 Six Flags Drive, Suite 150 Arlington, Texas 76011
Duty Phone: 817.607.7020
NCTTRAC: Prepare. Support. Respond.
(Friday) 10:00 am - 12:00 pm