Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Request Options
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) from the State-sourced cache is available to organizations and agencies involved in the COVID-19 response in Trauma Service Area E based on critical need. Please read the following and fill in all requested information whether using the form or direct portal options below.
- Organizations experiencing a critical shortage of PPE necessary for COVID-19 response can request supplies from the State-sourced PPE through their Emergency Managers, or via the NCTTRAC PPE Request Portal
- Neither State-sourced PPE cache or NCTTRAC PPE distribution is intended to replace commercial vendor PPE sources.
- PPE will not be distributed on a first-come-first-serve basis, but will be based on critical need.
- Availability of PPE supplies will determine what requests may or may not be filled at any given time. We will contact your organization within 72 hours if we are able to fill/partial fill your request. Requestor may resubmit after 72-96 hours if PPE quantity or item is unable to be obtained via their normal procurement methods, or sooner if an emergency.
Requesting PPE from the State-sourced Cache
To request Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) from the State-sourced cache, follow the steps below.
- If you are a HOSPITAL, DENTIST, OTHER HEALTHCARE PROVIDER, or AGENCY/ORGANIZATION that experiences COVID-19 positive encounters or supports vulnerable populations, you may submit your request through the NCTTRAC web link: https://ncttrac.org/covid-19-ppe-request-form/
- If you are unable to access the above link, fill out this form and submit it to your city or county’s Office of Emergency Management who will submit it to the State of Texas Assistance Request (STAR) system.
- If you are a PRIVATE PRACTICE PHYSICIANS OFFICE, AND NOT HOSPITAL-BASED, rather than use this form, submit your request through the Texas Medical Association’s COVID-19 PPE Portal at the following link: https://www.texmed.org/ppe/portal (TMA membership not required, but login registration is). If you are part of a large group (25+) of physicians, please check with your practice administrator to ensure no one else has submitted data for your group. For questions, contact the TMA Knowledge Center via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 880-7955. NOTE: Dental Practices may NOT request PPE through the TMA Portal.