Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Request Options

Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) from the State-sourced cache is available to organizations and agencies involved in the COVID-19 response in Trauma Service Area E based on critical need.  Please read the following and fill in all requested information whether using the form or direct portal options below.

Essential Information

  • Organizations experiencing a critical shortage of PPE necessary for COVID-19 response can request supplies from the State-sourced PPE through their Emergency Managers, or via the NCTTRAC PPE Request Portal


  • Neither State-sourced PPE cache or NCTTRAC PPE distribution is intended to replace commercial vendor PPE sources.


  • PPE will not be distributed on a first-come-first-serve basis, but will be based on critical need.


  • UPDATED – Availability of PPE supplies will determine what requests may or may not be filled at any given time.  We will contact your organization within 96 hours if we are able to fill/partial fill your request.  Requestor may resubmit after 96 hours if PPE quantity or item is unable to be obtained via their normal procurement methods.  Re-submissions prior to the 96 hour time limit will automatically be rejected, and will reset the 96 hour time minimum.

Requesting PPE from the State-sourced Cache

To request Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) from the State-sourced cache, follow the steps below.

  • If you are a HOSPITAL, DENTIST, OTHER HEALTHCARE PROVIDER, or AGENCY/ORGANIZATION that experiences COVID-19 positive encounters or supports vulnerable populations, you may submit your request through the NCTTRAC web link:
    • If you are unable to access the above link, fill out this form and submit it to your city or county’s Office of Emergency Management who will submit it to the State of Texas Assistance Request (STAR) system.
  • In light of renewed support and effectiveness of commercial supply chain vendors, the Texas Medical Association has demobilized it’s COVID-19 PPE portal.  A list of verified medical supply vendors willing to support small and large scale purchases is provided via the following link: TMA Vendor List
  • If you are an INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT or ELECTION SITE, you should not request PPE through NCTTRAC.  Instead, you should contact your city/county office of emergency management and have them submit a STAR request to be routed to the Texas Department of Emergency Management (TDEM).  Per TDEM and DSHS guidance, Independent School Districts and Election Sites will not receive any PPE from NCTTRAC.  All PPE requests from ISDs and Election Sites must be routed through the STAR board to the State Operations Center.